Kyrie Irving’s latest sneaker is a nod to one of his favorite players – Kobe Bryant. As you can see from first glance, the “Mamba Mentality” was modeled after one Kobe Bryant’s most popular signature sneakers. The following elements that pay homage to the original Kobe 5 sneaker, which remains one of Irving’s all-time favorite shoes:
1. The yellow and black contrasted upper pays tribute to Lee’s trademark colors
2. Four red slash marks connect to Lee
3. A snakeskin-inspired medial side represents the black mamba, fading to Samurai on the lateral side for Kyrie – a metaphorical torch passing
4. The new Kyrobe logo fuses Bryant and Irving’s Nike logos into one
5. Samurai textile print on the lateral side is similar to the pattern on the initial Kyrie 3 colorway worn by Irving in a big 2016 Christmas day win
The KYRIE 3 Mamba Mentality is available September 15, see SNKRS for release details.