You hungry? You’re about to be. Tacos are life, we all know that. However, these grilled cheese tacos take things to the next level. How no one has thought of this until now is unfathomable to me, but at least we don’t have to wait any longer.
Take a look at the process of making these glorious creations:
You can follow the instructions below on how to make the tacos:
- Cook the meat in a little oil with salt and pepper on high heat to brown and remove from pan.
- Cook the onions on medium in the same pan for about 20 minutes to lightly brown. season.
- Add in the garlic and jalapeno and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook 2 minutes. Add the meat back in and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, water, and honey and allow to simmer about 20 minutes to reduce the liquid and let everything come together and form a really nice sauce for the taco meat. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Slice your loaf of bread on a long bias to form nice big slices of bread.
- Build your grilled cheeses with one slightly smaller piece of bread on one side and a bigger piece of bread on the other.
- Grill with some butter. Really press your grilled cheeses on the grill with a heavy pan.. You want them thin.
- Allow the grilled cheese to rest for a few minutes and they will become more pliable. Gently fold into a taco form.
- Add the meat, then the cheese, salsa, sour cream, and lettuce.